Kitchen Design Inspiration to Transform Your Home
The latest kitchen design trends prove how our priorities have shifted. Current kitchen design inspiration focuses on creating spaces that are less fussy and more easygoing. Repurposed vintage elements oozing of character and sustainability are everywhere.
When it comes to kitchen design, there are countless ideas and possibilities to choose from. Whether you’re planning a major renovation or a small update, there is kitchen design inspiration that will pique your style and needs.
1. Modern kitchens are sleek and contemporary with clean lines, minimalistic details, and a neutral color palette. Modern kitchen designs often feature flat-panel cabinetry, stainless steel appliances, and high-end finishes.
2. Farmhouse kitchens ar cozy and rustic with elements like wood beams, shiplap, and distressed finishes. Farmhouse kitchen designs often include features like apron-front sinks, exposed shelving, and brass hardware.
3. Mid-Century Modern kitchens are more retro with elements of 1950s and 1960s design. Mid-century modern kitchen designs often feature clean lines and geometric patterns.
4. Coastal kitchens are relaxed with elements of the beach and ocean. Coastal kitchen designs often feature natural materials like wood and stone. This is the design I chose for our kitchen design renovation.
5. Traditional kitchens are timeless with elements like wood cabinetry, neutral colors, and natural materials. Traditional kitchen designs often include details like crown molding, furniture-style cabinetry, and decorative hardware.
CURRENT KITCHEN DESIGN INSPIRATION
Designing your dream kitchen can be exciting and overwhelming. You want to stay aligned with your personal preferences, but you also want to have your finger on the pulse of current trends. While it isn’t practical to latch onto every design trend you see on Pinterest, being aware of current design tones may help you formulate a plan.
Kitchen Design with Natural Elements
The love of bringing the outdoors in continues. From exposed beams to reclaimed table islands, homeowners are embracing natural elements. This includes my favorite kitchen island cherry-topper, large woven pendant lights.
Kitchen Design with Green Tones
Kitchen Design with Statement Hoods
Today’s unique kitchen design involves juxtaposing modern with vintage. It’s about designing with comfort and soul, and creating a beautiful space to gather within the heart of your home.
You might also like Feel-Good Living Room Design in 5 Simple Steps.
Share with a Friend…
As always, thank you for being here and sharing the articles you appreciate most. Be sure to subscribe to future posts below. And if you have questions or suggestions, leave a comment or drop a note. My mind and inbox are always open.
There are many factors that can affect the health and appearance of our skin and hair. Genetics, diet and lifestyle choices are a few. Our genetics are unalterable. However, we can transform our skin and hair with nourishing gilt-edge supplements. After struggling...
I have good news and bad news. The bad news is almost all perfumes we see advertised contain toxic ingredients. The good news is, I found a clean fragrance perfume that is as good for you as it smells. And its founder is an actress you most likely know and love. Every...
I’ve read a lot about the toxic effects of mainstream cleaning products. This prompted my search for the best non-toxic products to use in our home. These non-toxic cleaning products deliver excellent results without compromising the health and safety of your family...