8 Feng Shui Tips for a Fresh and Tranquil Home
Feng shui is an ancient Chinese practice that involves arranging your environment in a way that promotes harmony and balance. By making small adjustments to the placement of objects in your home, you can improve the flow of energy, or “chi,” and create a space that is more conducive to productivity and well-being. Here are eight Feng shui tips to help get you started.
8 FENG SHUI TIPS FOR A FRESH AND TRANQUIL HOME
1. Start by decluttering your space. Clutter blocks the flow of energy within your home, making it difficult to relax and focus. Go through your belongings and get rid of things that no longer serve you.
2. Consider the layout of your space. In feng shui, placement is important. Position your furniture so that it allows for easy flow of traffic and doesn’t block any pathways.
3. Choose colors carefully. Different colors have different associations in feng shui. For example, red is associated with passion and success, while green is associated with growth and harmony. Choose colors that align with the intentions for that particular space.
4. Bring in plants. Plants are a great way to add life and energy to a space. In feng shui, they’re also thought to help purify the air and stimulate positive energy.
FENG SHUI TIP: “Harmony is not something we create, it already exists. Our job is to discover it and remove the obstacles to its flow.” — Karen Kingston, author of “Creating Sacred Space with Feng Shui”
5. Tidy your entry. Your porch, front door, and interior entry is your home’s first impression. It’s important to keep your entry clean. Sweep your porch and walkway and maintain a clean welcome mat at your front door.
6. Use all five elements within each room. Your space will feel much more balanced if you use earth, wood, water, fire, and metal. A bowl of fruit can represent the earth element. A plant can tie-in the wood element. A blue vase could represent the water element. Candles make great fire elements. And a candle holder could portray the metal element.
7. Add a bowl of fruit. In Feng Shui, nine pieces of fruit symbolizes luck and wealth. Displaying a bowl of fresh fruit in your kitchen or on your dining table helps welcome positivity.
8. Deep clean. Deep cleaning our homes is a form of well-being that deserves more attention. Create a habit of deep cleaning your home.
By following these simple feng shui tips, you can create a space that is fresh and tranquil. Begin with these eight simple tips and expand as you like. When you’re ready for a deeper dive, read Feng Shui that Makes Sense: Easy Ways to Create a Home that Feels as Good as It Looks.
You might also like 3 Tips to Keep Your Home Clutter-Free.
Share with a Friend…
As always, thank you for being here and sharing the articles you appreciate most. Be sure to subscribe to future posts below. And if you have questions or suggestions, leave a comment or drop a note. My mind and inbox are always open.
There are many factors that can affect the health and appearance of our skin and hair. Genetics, diet and lifestyle choices are a few. Our genetics are unalterable. However, we can transform our skin and hair with nourishing gilt-edge supplements. After struggling...
I have good news and bad news. The bad news is almost all perfumes we see advertised contain toxic ingredients. The good news is, I found a clean fragrance perfume that is as good for you as it smells. And its founder is an actress you most likely know and love. Every...
I’ve read a lot about the toxic effects of mainstream cleaning products. This prompted my search for the best non-toxic products to use in our home. These non-toxic cleaning products deliver excellent results without compromising the health and safety of your family...